Friday, October 8, 2010

Phoenix

This week has been exhausting in more than one way. Yeah, some of it was brought on myself, but I like hip-hop and I like remembering that I do have friends. Mostly It's just been a week of discovery and growth and long over due catch-up. I feel like my center of gravity is shifting, and my parts are being pulled into a new orbit. It's evolution and progression; it's exhausting and penetrating. I can't tell yet if it was collision or creation, but I can tell this new solar system includes a lot less black holes.

Sometimes I feel like my energy is being consumed from the inside out, like i am on fire--in my core. Maybe I have lava inside me too and my plates just need to shift a little more until the fault lines break and it can all be released.

I've studied science enough to understand that energy is never lost, only transferred and I've read enough mythology and Harry Potter to know that the Phoenix acts on an outward manifestation of an internal need to be cleansed.


Sometimes you'll get dropped, you just have to be ready to run like hell when you hit the ground.
I firmly believe that that that does not kill you, can only make you stronger.

No comments: