Friday, March 11, 2011

La Biblioteca

Libraries are so so wonderful.
Not only are their shelves full of novels and plays and books of poetry; but, you can also find just as many books about the people that wrote those novels and plays and poems and what influenced then and what their life was like.
One of my favorite thins is getting books from the library I've already read and looking to see what other people thought about it be reading their annotations and notes in the margins.
When I am in the library I feel like I am in Europe again and all I want to do is soak up everything I can and check out every book I can carry and learn all I can about everything I can think of. It's times like this that I truly realism how much humans are capable of and the creative power we all have.
When I see all of the books that exist--even in a tiny library like the David O. McKay--all I can think about it how our knowledge is all we get to take with us when we leave this world. It's times like this that I truly realism how much humans are capable of and the creative power we all have.

Today as I was looking for a copy of "The Fall of The House of Usher" to read for my literary spin offs class I started thinking about something: do you think we can go hang out with Poe and Shakespeare in heaven? Or grab lunch with Mark Twain or J.D. Salinger?

No comments: